Pattonville Points of Pride
The Pattonville School District is fully accredited by the state of Missouri and is recognized both nationally and in Missouri. Here’s a look at our accomplishments. Find out more about Pattonville by downloading our brochure.
- Best Public School Districts in Nation – Pattonville is ranked among the best districts nationally, in Missouri and in St. Louis by Niche, an online service that ranks 100,000 private and public schools and districts based on dozens of statistics and opinions from students and parents. The Pattonville School District ranks in the Top 5 percent nationally and is listed as the 11th best school district in Missouri. Pattonville’s staff and schools also ranked high in Missouri and the U.S. on Niche’s 2015 lists. Find out more at k12.Niche.com.
- U.S. News and World Report's Best High Schools List – Pattonville High School named to U.S. News and World Report's Best High School List in 2015. Based on U.S. News and World Report's methodology, Pattonville's results placed it at No. 30 out of 533 high schools in Missouri (Top 6 percent in the state). This is the second time Pattonville has earned a spot on the Top High Schools List.
- Distinction in Performance – Pattonville met the criteria for Missouri’s Distinction in Performance Award for academic performance 13 consecutive years; Pattonville is the most diverse district in Missouri to achieve Distinction in Performance every year it has been bestowed, an honor shared by only 5 percent of districts in Missouri.
- Outstanding leadership – Pattonville Board of Education was awarded the Missouri School Boards Association’s Outstanding Board of Education Award in 2013 in the area of governance, leadership and accountability. The board previously won the award in 2002 and was a finalist for the award in 2008 and 2011.
- Best early childhood program in Missouri – Pattonville’s early childhood education program was selected as the Missouri School Boards Association (MSBA) FutureBuilders Early Childhood Education Program of the Year in 2012. The award recognizes innovative and original early childhood education programs within Missouri. Award recipients are selected based on their innovative approaches and outstanding ability to engage and support the development of the children in their care as well as their overall commitment to the early childhood education profession.
- National Pinnacle Award – Pattonville earned a 2013 Pinnacle Award from the Association of School Business Officials International, which recognizes outstanding and creative practices that improve the efficiency of schools and make a difference in the education of the nation’s students. Pattonville was recognized for its iLearn program, a digital learning initiative in which Pattonville High School students access learning resources on course Moodles (an online learning management tool) anywhere, anytime via school-provided laptops. In its first year (2012-2013), staff launched 21,000 modules on their Moodles, which were accessed by
1,800 students 1.7 million times.
- Solid accreditation - Earned perfect scores on reaccreditation reviews by state of Missouri.
- Perfect scores on annual performance report – Consistently earned perfect scores in Missouri’s Annual Performance Report (APR), which measures a district’s performance on academic standards such as ACT scores, MAP scores, dropout rate, etc.
- Highest Performing Schools – Remington Traditional School named to state’s Top 10 lists for highest performing schools 11 years in a row; also on the highest performing Top 10 lists in the state: Rose Acres Elementary (2006 and 2008) and Parkwood Elementary (2007); note: the state no longer compiles this list.
- Highly qualified staff – Two Missouri Teachers of the Year and six other finalists for the award from Pattonville since 1986; in addition, 21 teachers have earned the rigorous National Board Certification, the highest credential in teaching, since 1999.
- Above average college entrance scores - Pattonville’s ACT scores are competitive with area districts. The Class of 2012 posted a record high composite score of 22.5. These seniors accomplished this composite score with the highest percentage of students taking the exam (71 percent) in the school’s recorded history.
- Competitive with other high-quality districts – MAP (Missouri Assessment Program) scores consistently above state average and competitive with school districts in St. Louis and St. Charles counties.
- Top 10 in St. Louis County – High school scores on state end-of-course exams placed Pattonville High School among the Top 10 in St. Louis County; 8th-grade algebra scores are among the top in Missouri.
- “What Parents Want” Award - Earned 10 times from SchoolMatch, a nationally recognized relocation firm.
- Leaders in technology – One of 14 school districts nationwide to receive the President’s Technology Award from the American Association of School Administrators (AASA), which recognizes vision and leadership in technology to advance teaching, learning and achievement. In 2012, every student at Pattonville High School will receive a MacBook Air laptop to provide them access to learning resources 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Teachers spent the 2011-2012 school year developing Moodles (an online learning management tool/website) to support the new learning environment. The Moodles contain course-specific information online - items such as course syllabus, weekly activities, assignments and resources. The tool can also be used to host
discussions, share podcasts or videos and interact on course activities.
- Excellence in budget preparation – Pattonville is among 100 districts nationwide honored with the Meritorious Budget Award from the Association of School Business Officials International, which recognizes districts for achieving excellence in their annual budget preparation and presentation.
- High quality staff training – Winner of Missouri Commissioner of Education’s Professional Development Award.
- Leader in Character Education and Positive Behavior – Pattonville High School was named a national School of Character by the Character Education Partnership and Business Week magazine because character traits such as respect and service are embedded in the curriculum. The high school requires 50 hours of community service for graduation. The school was also named a National School of Service Learning. Holman Middle School, Parkwood Elementary, Remington Traditional School, Willow Brook Elementary and Pattonville’s early childhood program have all been honored with state-level recognition for their Positive Behavior Supports
programs as well. In 2013, Willow Brook was honored with a State School of Character Award for its character education program.
- Gold Star Schools – Earned Gold Star Awards from Missouri - Pattonville High School (twice), Holman Middle School and Pattonville Heights Middle School.
- Blue Ribbon Schools – Earned federal Blue Ribbon Award – Pattonville High School, Holman Middle School and Pattonville Heights Middle School.
A model for others
During Pattonville’s last full-scale reaccreditation review, the state identified several strengths in Pattonville. They are:
- Pattonville’s school improvement plan drives all phases of the district planning process and is focused on student achievement. It is an example of comprehensive planning and could serve as a model for other districts.
- The district provides services for gifted students that exceed the requirements of the state’s standard.
- Questionnaire responses from faculty and staff indicate that the district provides numerous professional development opportunities that have a direct relationship to improving student achievement.
- The Pattonville Board of Education provides numerous opportunities for patrons, parents, students and staff to have input into the programs and policies of the district. The level of participation of district patrons could serve as a model for other districts.
- The Pattonville High School library is open until 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, providing extended access to the library media center resources for students and community members.
- The district has a desirable student to staff ratio in all areas.
- Pattonville was also cited for academic performance on the MAP, attendance rate, dropout ratio, advanced course work and students’ scores on the ACT.