Pattonville Board of Education
Board of Education Members
Ruth Petrov / President
64 Grand Circle Drive, Maryland Heights, MO 63043
Mrs. Petrov is currently serving her 11th year on the board. She has a M.S.N. in healthcare administration and is employed as the nurse manager of critical care at DePaul Hospital. Mrs. Petrov and her
husband, Larry, are the parents of three Pattonville graduates and one Pattonville High School student.
Cindy Candler / Vice President
11595 Brookford Lane, Bridgeton, MO 63044
Mrs. Candler is currently serving her eighth year on the board. She and her husband, Mike, are both Pattonville graduates and are the proud parents of three Pattonville graduates.
Jeanne Schottmueller / Secretary
3406 Erman Avenue, Bridgeton, MO 63044
Ms. Schottmueller is currently serving her sixth year on the board. She is a Pattonville graduate and the mother of two Pattonville graduates. Ms. Schottmueller has been employed by Special School District
for 25 years.
Andrea Glenn / Treasurer
Mrs. Glenn is serving her first year on the board. She holds a M.A. in Human Resources Administration and is employed as the Director of Human Resources at Pfizer Pharmaceuticals Mrs. Glenn and her husband, Carl, are the proud parents of one Pattonville graduate and a current Pattonville High School student.
Mary Kay Campbell / Director
2671 Chatham Dr., Maryland Heights, MO 63043
Mary Kay Campbell is currently serving her first year on the Board, filling a one-year position vacated due to a board resignation. She is a retired Special School District teacher who taught in
Pattonville for 32 years. Ms. Campbell is currently employed by the St. Louis Cardinals as a recycling coordinator and is the parent of two Pattonville graduates.
Robert Dillon / Director
11066 St. Francis Lane, St. Ann, MO 63074
Mr. Dillon is currently serving his 14th year on the board (1995-2001 and 2007-Current). He is retired from the electrical supply industry. Mr. Dillon and his wife, Pam, are the proud parents
of two Pattonville graduates.
Ralph Stahlhut / Director
2840 Laurel View Lane, Maryland Heights, MO 63043
Mr. Stahlhut is currently serving his 26th year on the board (1989-1990 and 1991-Current). He is retired from Office Max. Mr. Stahlhut and his wife, Carole, are the proud parents of two
Rita Brengle / Secretary to the Board of Education
Pattonville Learning Center
11097 St. Charles Rock Road
St. Ann, Missouri 63074
Board Areas of Emphasis 2014-2015
The Pattonville School District Board of Education is committed to providing exemplary educational opportunities for ALL children. In order to accomplish this goal, quality professional development must be provided for all staff (new and experienced). Partnerships with parents, business leaders, and district patrons must continue to be actively developed in order to engage the entire community as the district strives for educational excellence. In addition to the above, the Board has adopted the following Areas of Emphasis for the 2014-2015 school year:
- All students will continue to improve their performance on all measures of academic achievement.
- Curriculum and instructional practices are research based and support students becoming proficient learners.
- Proactive strategies will be implemented to promote continued improvement in student responsibility, citizenship and overall character with an emphasis on building relationships and an understanding of socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic differences.
- Safety for students, staff and community will continue to be evaluated and improved.
- Parents, staff and students will continue to develop, modify and implement school improvement plans based on data and research.
- The district technology plan will continue to be implemented as appropriate.
- The district facilities plan will be updated as appropriate and implemented using bond issue and district operating funds.
- The district career education programs will become a more integral component of the total educational program.
- The district will develop and implement a plan to increase the percentage of students involved in extracurricular programs.
- District maintenance and grounds will continue to portray an excellent image of the district.
- The district will use resources efficiently to address decreased revenues from state and federal sources.
Approved June 24, 2014
Board of Education Meetings 2014-2015
Regular meetings of the Board of Education are generally held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month* in the Board Room (Room 201) of the Pattonville School District Learning Center (11097 St. Charles Rock Road, St. Ann, MO 63074) beginning at 7 p.m. In addition, the Board may hold special meetings and/or work sessions as needed. Board meetings for the 2014-2015 school year are:
July 22, 2014
August 12, 2014
August 26, 2014
September 9, 2014
September 23, 2014
October 14, 2014
October 28, 2014
November 11, 2014
November 25, 2014
December 9, 2014
January 13, 2015
January 27, 2015
February 10, 2015
February 23, 2015
March 10, 2015
April 14, 2015
April 28, 2015
May 12, 2015
May 26, 2015
June 9, 2015
June 23, 2015
For the months of July, March and December there is only one (1) regularly scheduled board meeting.
July – the fourth Tuesday
March and December – the second Tuesday
There will be special Board meetings on:
Tax Rate Hearing - Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 6:30 p.m.
(Just prior to regular meeting)
Budget - Tuesday, June 9, 2015 – 6:15 p.m.
(Just prior to regular meeting)
Future Planning Purposes/Board Meetings:
July 28, 2015
August 11, 2015
The Role of the School Board
Pattonville’s Board of Education is a seven-director representative body elected by the registered voters of the Pattonville School District. They each serve a term of three years to provide for and oversee the operation of Pattonville’s schools. School board members are non-paid elected officials. Pattonville’s board members do this out of a sense of caring and community and a sincere desire to fulfill Pattonville’s vision of achievement for all children.
New board members are required by state law to receive 16 hours of training within their first year of service. Training covers topics related to student achievement, school law, school finance, board policy, board relations, board operations, goal setting and advocacy.
Being a board member requires a great deal of time commitment. On average, Pattonville board members attend:
- More than 65 hours of board meetings per year,
- 56 hours in training and workshops,
- 12 hours in district planning, and
- 26 hours at special meetings and district-wide events. School board members also attend numerous school events, visit the schools and serve on district committees.
Board members are elected to oversee the operations of the public school district, as mandated by state law. The primary roles of a school board are to set goals for the district, formulate and adopt policy, select a superintendent to implement policy, evaluate the results, and be a good steward of the community’s resources. The superintendent is responsible for the daily operations of the district. In Pattonville, board members make decisions centered on the district’s mission,“That ALL Will Learn.”
The Board’s general responsibilities include:
- Formulating and interpreting policy
- Delegating administrative duties
- Making decisions on educational and budget matters
- Making a continuous appraisal of the educational and administrative process
- Administering district funds for education judiciously
The Board carries out its functions openly while seeking the involvement and contributions of the public, students and staff in its decision-making process.
Qualifications for Election to the Board of Education
Elections to the Board of Education are held the first Tuesday in the month of April each year. A candidate must be
- 24 years of age by the date of the election,
- A United States citizen, and
- A resident taxpayer of the district. A written declaration of candidacy must be filed with the secretary to the Board of Education during the legal filing period each December and January at the Pattonville Learning Center,11097 St. Charles Rock Road, St. Ann. For more information, call the superintendent’s office at (314) 213-8001.
Orientation for New Board Members
Once elected, Pattonville’s new school board members attend an orientation session with the board president and superintendent. This is an informal session in which many topics are covered. Some of the topics included are: Responsibilities, ethics, board policy, board and superintendent relationships, board communications and community involvement, time commitments, and the structure and responsibilities of the district’s administrative teams.
For More Information